miercuri, 28 decembrie 2011

Weird Things Happen

The next morning I woke up when my brother started banging on my door. I groaned and pulled the blanket over my head. The knocking didn’t stop. I sighed and dragged myself out of bed to open that damn door.

“Don’t you have something better to do? Like sleeping? Don’t you have a hangover??”

He shrugged.

“I took an aspirin. D'you want one? You don’t look too good.”

I glared at him while he just put a msirk over his face. He was in his playful mood. Practically, he makes fun of everyone until he gets slapped or his face is punched in.

“What do you want, Nate?” He walked slowly in my room and inspected it. I raised an eyebrow, curious.

“Well? Is there something you need?” He shook his head and looked around. He was close to leaving, but he caught a glimpse of something interesting.

“What’s this?” It sounded like he was asking himself, not me. I walked closer to him and watched the way he inspected the pendant. “It’s beautiful. So…medieval.” I watched between the pendant and him, curiously. While still searching for an undetifiable emotion on his face I saw something strange. His eyes were changing colors. From green to red.

“…Nate? Are you ok? Your eyes…” He stopped me by putting the pendant down, and closed his eyes. I trailed my eyes down his hand to see he had his hand tightly clenched, looking almost pale, because of how hard his grip on the woden dresser was. I put my hand on his back, worried. “Nate?” When my hand touched his back I felt a vibration and I froze.

“I hate him!” A girl who looked exactly like Stella yelled. Next to her, comforting her, was a boy who looked exactly like Nate. “I thought he’s my friend…he’s just another puppet.”

Nate had a tight and protective grip around Stella.

“Stella? Stella! Please, let me in!” Both siblings looked at the door. They could hear the pleading and worry in the second boy’s voice. “I can explain. Come on, Stella. Open this damn door!” Stella’s cries intensified.

“She doesn’t want to see you. Leave her alone, Eric! You’ve done enough.” The knocking stopped, but Nate still glowered fiercely at the door.

“I’m sorry.”


Stella opened her eyes, not even knowing she closed them, and came face to face with a worried Nate.

“Did you just see what I saw?”

I nodded slowly. I was scared, I’ve just had something like a vision.

“Those two looked like us. They had our names.”

“It was us. It felt…familiar.” Nate nodded. “Eric…I heard his name. He was the one behind the door, pleading me to listen to him. I hated him at that moment…but why?”

Nate took a last look at the pendant and drew in a big breath. He let it out in one long and dramatic sigh.

“Don’t tell dad about it. He will freak out.” I nodded. “Stel, did something happen last night?” He asked looking deep in my eyes.

“You got swine drunk and I won a car. Is that weird enough for you?” He shook his head chuckling.

“I meant if something weird happened after I fainted.”

I thought a little and that was when I remembered about the weird thing with the pendant…The pendant…”I know you, Stella. Tell me.”

“You fell when I opened the door and that’s when I turned to say good night to Eric. He saw the necklace and the pendant simply amazed him. When he touched it I felt like I got electrocuted. I think he felt that too. He was a bit shocked and left in a heartbeat. And last night I also heard the words ‘I hate you’ while staring at the pendant.” Nate nodded, looking very intrigued.

“I’ll have some research done on this. You just relax.”

I nodded and felt comforted by his smile. After he left I looked at the clock. I closed my eyes and groaned...Just half hour to get ready and go to school.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu