sâmbătă, 30 martie 2013

A Million Lights


“They left us alone” Indeed, after they shared life stories and joked around, Mizuki left with Chris and so, the two subjects remained all alone in front of the restaurant. “That little-“ Nao stopped swearing at his friend when he realized there was no petite figure next to him any more. She started to walk towards the park where the blind date started.

“So your name is Anna.” They were the only souls on that path, walking beside each other, lost into the surroundings. “Nana-Anna- nice word game. Who would have thought I had such a big impact on your life” He continued, trying to liven up the mood. He wasn’t that type of guy who could keep his mouth shut and truthfully, she wasn’t either. They had so much to tell each other and it seems as if there wasn’t enough time. Thinking that they may not meet again after that night, she chose to take the initiative.

“Actually, I never thought I will be haunted by a guy I met coincidentally one day for 4 years.” Even if she spoke easily, the impact on him was huge. He stopped and frowned. The place the two faced each other more seriously just happened to be a small decorative bridge from the central park.

 “Fate is seriously messing with me” She whispered, seeing the situation she was into and where it was taking place.

“I didn’t tell you to give up on anything” He started again while walking closer to her. She didn’t react. “You asked me what happens when you change the reason to keep living. I was foolish when I told you to give yourself into the wind and let yourself be taken by it. It takes you nowhere” Anna’s eyes were staring into Nao’s soul, he could feel it. Her green orbs were reading him like an open book.

“Nao,” His head was bent since her stare was too much to bear. “I’ve been asked what I will do when I will meet you again. Everyone knew for sure that it was inevitable, everyone except me. I was scared to meet you again, I was scared how big of an impact you will have on me this time,” She slowly closed the distance between them. When she was right in front of him, she turned to the left and let herself be submerged into the scenery.

“I-“She interrupted him instantly.

“I don’t regret anything. I don’t regret meeting you, sleeping with you, listening to you. That day was the best day of my life. I tried to convince myself that it wasn’t like that. We were complete strangers; complete opposites and we knew it was the beginning of the end.” She sighed and bit her lips, trying to find the right way to explain her feelings. “It wasn’t what you said that haunted me, it was you” In that moment, Nao’s head raised instantly. He realized she moved her green orbs on him. He couldn’t read her; that fact certainly didn’t change. But, he was intrigued by her point of view over that one day.

“I want you to know…I-“He wasn’t sure if he could voice his thoughts as well as her but he knew he had to show her. He leaned towards her, his eyes never leaving hers. She didn’t move, which he took a sign to continue. Their lips touched and they both felt the attraction, the blood rushing through their veins, the electricity slipping from one body to the other. It was intense but at the same time, it wasn’t.

They remained looking into each other’s eyes in silence. It looked beautiful from the outside. Their bodies were illuminated by the buildings around the park and the place itself was romantic. But, looking closer, they were two people who didn’t know what they wanted from themselves and from the other. They weren’t in love but fate just didn’t want to give up.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu