vineri, 6 ianuarie 2012

Leviathan

It was weird. I was alone in a black space. I already knew I was dreaming, but it still freaked me out a bit.

Monster

I turned to see no one. I could have sworn I heard a voice.

Monster!

I glanced behind to see blood drooping, forming a huge puddle on the floor.

I hate you!

I knew these words. I gasped when the scenery changed.

Stella was in a mansion, her eyes bloody red. Nate was next to her, his eyes the same color.

“Stella…don’t go…” The boy, Eric pleaded with the girl. He had small minute cuts on his face and a large wound on the chest. He was also stumbling on his feet. Stella smirked.

“Eric, Eric, Eric…such a noble soul you’ve been. You said you loved me…how foolish I was to believe you. You left me for her. Well, now she’s dead and you’re alive. Let’s see how this will work out. Be grateful that I won’t kill you.” Stella glared and walked away. However, Nate went over to Eric and took him by his shirt.

“When you met Rebeca you left Stella without thinking. Do you know who killed her for good, Eric? It was me. I killed her for Stella’s happiness. Rebeca wasn’t a Blanche, she was adopted.” Eric’s eyes widened. “I hated her because she hated Stella. My only sister is Stella and you just broke her heart. You deserve to die by her hands.” He smirked. “Like your brother and our parents.” Nate dropped Eric and flashed away.

Outside the mansion was sitting Stella, her eyes back to their original green. When Nate walked next to her he saw tears dropping on her face. His eyes softened.

“I wish I could go back in time and change everything I’ve done.” Nate sighed and took Stella in a one hand hug.

“You haven’t done anything wrong, Stel.” She gave a forced laugh.

“Half of my life I lived like a princess, until I blew up. I was drowning in my own feelings and now look what I’ve caused. I killed our parents, I killed Chris and I made you kill Rebeca. And it’s not just Eric’s fault. I’ve always had everything but the reality was I had nothing. I never knew what real friendship or real love was. I just had you.”

Nate’s arm tightened around her shoulder.

“Stop with this bullshit. I killed Rebeca because she destroyed our lives.” Stella sighed.

“Just mine. She messed with my head. She faked her death because she didn’t want to marry the Arche and when she had seen Eric she decided to fuck with my life and get back what she was supposed to have. Eric liked her and…forgot about me. I should’ve killed her myself.”

Nate shook his head.

“Stella, when will you understand that you are my life?” He took his pendant off. “See this? The endless knot. We’ll be siblings forever, we’re bound to an eternal brotherhood.” Stella’s head bent down.

“I’m destined to an eternal fight. I will always be a leviathan, no matter what will happen in the future. I will always endure pain and blow up at one point.”
Nate sighed but didn’t say anything.


I opened my eyes at the sound of my phone ringing. I sighed and responded.

“I hope you’re ready for a big announcement!” I flinched, hearing the bright and happy voice of Tracy.

“What?” My voice was groggy.

“Don’t tell me you were sleeping.”

I opened my mouth to say something but she started talking again. “However, move your ass here. Today is that camp thing! Eric will be there…I think.” I rolled my eyes. After my dream I didn’t think I wanted to see him.

“Don’t we have school?” Tracy sighed.

“It’s Saturday, silly! Now put something cute on and, please, use make up. There will be half of the town.”

I rolled my eyes again but managed a small smile.
“Fine. Anything else?”

She coughed.

“Take Nate too. Ana has a small crush on him.” I gasped and laughed.

“You’re joking, right?” She started to chuckle.

“No. Now I’ll let you get ready. Be at the Screen in an hour?” I agreed. The Screen was actually a big publicity screen in the center of the town. I closed the phone and put it on my nightstand, but didn’t get out of bed. I drew my knees close to my chest and rested my arms on them.

“Leviathan…” I mumbled.

When I arrived at the Screen I was with Nate, who wasn’t in a great mood after the latest events. I caught him glancing at me again.

“Relax, Nate. It’s just a day in the woods with our friends. Nothing bad can happen.” He rolled his eyes. I bet he wanted to say something about this whole thing but a squeal interrupted us.

It was Tracy.

“I’m so excited! This will be a lot of fun!” I smiled, nudging Nate to do the same. He gave a tiny one, but it was good enough for now. We climbed in our cars and drove to the forest. The camp would take place there. When we arrived, I looked with a shocked expression out of the window.

“Wow. She didn’t joke when she said half of the town would be here.”

Nate was still in his thoughts. I rolled my eyes and got out of the car. In one moment Tracy, Ana and Sam were right next to me. Tracy was beyond excited, Ana was in her own little world, maybe thinking about Nate, and Sam was bored. We walked in silence towards the others. The mayor was there too, announcing the start of the camp.

“Why are they making such a fuss? It’s just for a day.” I said out-loud, not really addressing someone in particular.

“A day and a night.”

I turned to see Eric. I raised an eyebrow.

“Oh, so now we’re talking again?” He shook his head, a small smirk visible even if it was almost unnoticeable. He glanced back for a second and left. I wanted to see what he was looking at. It was Nate. He had a serious face, his eyes cold. I shivered seeing those green orbs so icy.

When the mayor finally ended his speech I went in an adventure, trying to find my friends. Fortunately, they found me faster.

“Come on! We have to go to our place.” I looked at Sam.

“Our place?” She shrugged.

“Of course. We reserved it…well, I did.” We walked in nothing but silence. Tracy was talking nonstop, no joking.

“Are we there yet?” I asked, my ears bleeding. Tracy nodded, unfazed by my tone. We stopped in a deserted place. There were just trees and weed and other things forests have.

“Isn’t it a little too far?” Ana asked, her voice shaking a little. It seemed she didn’t like nature. I didn’t either but something there was different. Familiar, even. I looked at Nate who had the same expression as me.

“No. Don’t be afraid. Nothing happens in this town. It’s so boring.” I glanced at her.

“What about those crimes?” She scoffed.

“I bet they’re just false information thrown in by the media. Mayor Wood is obsessed with fame. He wants his little city to become the next New York, who knows.” She was talking like everything was as normal as it could be. That girl was very optimistic, always thinking positive.

“Bullshit,” I heard Nate mumble under his breath. I chuckled.

While the teenagers were installing their tent, deeper into the forest, Eric lay on a branch, his eyes closed. He opened them when he felt someone walking over.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu