joi, 10 ianuarie 2013

Bokura ga Ita

Recently, which means last night/morning, I watched Bokura ga Ita, both movies. I haven't seen the anime and haven't read the manga yet and I'm not sure if I can do it any more. I will be sincere: I cried rivers. I wasn't so touched by the first movie how much the second had blown me away. It was like we all knew they should end together, it was obvious but they were just putting each other away like it was ok, like their love was powerful enough to be kept but not shared. It was annoying! And then the end came and I kind of really burst out crying. It was really deep everything and there are some quotes which really ran deeper into my soul than I expected. There are also life lessons that can show you how cruel reality can get sometimes.

So, for those who haven't seen it and don't have the slightest idea of what I'm talking, Bokura ga Ita is originally a romantic manga written by Yuki Obata. It also has an anime and two movies. The plot is...big and complicated. You really have to watch it from the very first beginning to understand it. The movies have a lot of details in them, that's why there's part 1 and part 2, but you have to be completely immersed into it. I regretted how entranced I was by the plot because it really had  a big impact on me but everyone's different. But I assure you, you will definitely cry.

Anyway, Nanami Takahashi (Yuriko Yoshitaka), a teenage girl in her first year of high school, hopes to make new friends quickly. The center of attention at her school is Motoharu Yano (Toma Ikuta), a very popular boy, whom Nanami dislikes at the beginning, due to his apparent superficiality. However, she soon falls in love with him, but Yano is still affected by the loss of his girlfriend, Nana Yamamoto. From here on there are more difficulties but life apparently seems happier and brighter. It mainly concentrates on their relationship and the growing attachment between them but of course, there's a lot of drama. However, in the second part, the whole action happens four years later. Yano and Nanami still kept in contact (since she left for a better University) but at some point he doesn't contact her any more. Both sides of the story are told and you can see things from Yano's point of view too. It's really interesting but it made me so annoyed at some parts, like I said. 

When it comes to acting, Toma Ikuta is my third favourite and I seriously love that man as an actor. He's awesome and he really knows how to show the character's emotions. He has talent and he's also really cute. Also, Yoshitaka Yuriko plays Nanami really well. I was surprised to see how good she was and how much her acting touched me. 

You should totally watch it. Both movies, anime and read manga!




Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu