sâmbătă, 21 aprilie 2012

What If

I was too tired to go inside so little old me decided to go home and sleep, in silence. Of course the next morning someone just had to barge in and destroy my awesome and dreamless sleep.

“Wake up! It’s late!” I opened one eye to look at the unfortunate soul who dared to wake me. It was Emily. Shit, I couldn’t do anything. She closed the door hard after her, making my poor ears endure a severe pain. I looked at the clock beside the bed and saw it was actually very early. It was 7 o’clock. 7 in the morning!! I groaned and got up and into the bathroom. I was still exhausted. When I entered back into my room, dad was there. I raised an eyebrow and sat on the bed.

“You left early last night.” I rolled my eyes.

“After what I found out and how my life turned out to be, I think it’s good I even went attended it." Dad sighed and fell on his back on the bed, next to me. “What happened with you and the other two idiots?” Dad started laughing slightly.

“Well, long story short, we got our dates for today and tomorrow. Depends on each bachelor.” I nodded, signing for him to continue. “Nate and Eric behaved well. No one died.” I rolled my eyes again.

“I want to know about the dates. Who’ve you got?” He raised an eyebrow and chuckled.

“Well…My date is a nice lady.” I threw a pillow at dad, making him chuckle. “Ok, fine. You want details? Go ask James or Alex.”

“Be careful what you tell me, dad. I might do it.” He shrugged.

Time flew past fast and nothing really happened home, except the usual yells from dad’s family.

“Mom! Natalie took my shirt again!” I groaned into my pillow. They’ve been at it for two freaking hours already!

“I didn’t take anything! Mom, tell Chelsea to shut up!” I was in my bed, still not getting up for today’s new events. I was annoyed and I didn’t even talk with Alex yet.

“Mom!” The next thing I heard was the doors closing with a loud bang! I groaned and got up and directly into the bathroom. When I got back in the room I heard my phone ringing.

“Please, tell me it’s not about clothes or make up or boys.” I heard Tracy chuckling on the other side.

“You know me too well.” I rolled my eyes but there was an almost invisible smile on my face. “I wanted to tell you we’re meeting at Fey’s to rehears…well actually to learn. Be there at…2 o’clock.” And that’s how she hung up. When I looked over the clock it was almost 12pm. I groaned and fell on the bed. I raised my head when I heard Nate come through my balcony doors. He trailed his eyes around the room until they landed on me.

“Tough morning?” I groaned again. It seems the whole situation was very amusing because Nate started laughing. “I take it as a yes.” I groaned again. “You wanted to. From my point of view you could’ve come with me over Arche’s.” I turned on my back and look at him, an eyebrow quirked up.

“From my point of view I would’ve been the only girl in a house full with creatures. James is an unpredictable, hormonal and moody pervert, Alex is a man whore who would annoy the hell out of me to the infinite and Eric will try to make everything better, make me happy and struggle with this painfully blame that I went crazy, as everyone says, because of him.” Nate stood there speechless. My point of view was definitely very logical.

“Alright…you’re right. We’re all a bunch of hormonal, depraved perverts. Maybe it’s not such a good idea for you to stay with us…but from time to time it would be nice if you’d just come over.” I raised an eyebrow at my brother. There was something wrong with how he put the problem.

“What do you mean live with us? You don’t live with them, Nate. You’re just…camping there for a week.” He stopped talking and blinking, even. He knew I caught him. He sighed and sat next to me on the bed. He let himself fall back and turned his head to look at me. We stood there staring at each other for almost ten minutes, I guess, until he started talking.
“I want to move in with them.” I didn’t really know how to react. My brother just told me he wants to move out when he's still in school and dad is a little stressed over this whole new vampires coming to town thing.

“You know that Alex has a big trail of shit behind him and that’s why those vampires want to come and rip his head off…right?” He nodded. “You do realize they will kill anything that comes between them and their mission, right?” He nodded again. I was getting annoyed. “You won’t be safe, moron!” He nodded. “Argh!” I turned my back to my laughing brother and narrowed my eyes.

“Aw. It’s really cute that you care, Stel but I’m a big guy. I am your older brother even if I don’t usually act like it.” I humph-ed and stood still. He rolled his eyes and sat up, on his butt.

“Nate…we always say they come, they want to kill, they want to…mate but they don’t know I’m alive.” Nate did an approving noise. “But when they will enter the town…”

“They did already.” I rolled back and faced my brother. I sat up, my mouth opened. “Yeah. I forgot to tell you. Actually, that’s the reason I choose to visit you. They’re here. James thinks they might lose themselves in the crowd but we should be able to track them down…somehow.” He furrowed his eyebrows, not really sure of what he said. We both knew we weren’t really good at controlling ourselves.

“Ok. So they’re here. Nate…what will happen when they’ll figure out that I’m alive? What will happen when they will see me?” Nate’s expression was thunderstruck. He didn’t think about what will happen after they will come. No one did actually. They were happy enough with the idea that they knew.

“I guess we will have to…hide you.” I raised an eyebrow.

“How? Are you going to put a bag on my head?” He shrugged.

“I don’t know. But we will find something.” He smiled nicely and gone he was. I rolled my eyes and fell back on the bed when my phone rang again.

“Where are you?!” I glanced at the clock near the bed and saw it was almost 2. Wow. Time does fly fast when you know you won’t die unexpectedly.
“I’m sorry. I’ll be there in a flash.” I rolled my eyes when she started commenting.

“I would pay to see that.” I smirked.

“I’ll be there in five. I want lunch.” I heard her approval and gone I was. Of course, through my balcony, because dad’s family was still downstairs.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu